This 3D animation from Matt Rittman demonstrates how an AK-47 works. The video features both semi-auto and full-auto animation.
How the AK-47 Works:
- When the trigger is pulled, the hammer releases and strikes the firing pin.
- The firing pin strikes the bullet primer, which contains a compound that explodes to ignite the propellant.
- Expanding gases force projectile out through the barrel, and the gas piston backward.
- The bolt carrier is forced back, ejecting the case.
- The bolt pulls a new round from the magazine and inserts into the chamber.
- The bolt carrier also resets the hammer to the starting position.
- The sear keeps the hammer held in place until the bolt carrier returns to position.
- To Fire in Full-Auto
- The selector is moved to the middle position.
- This holds the disconnector back, keeping it from catching the hammer while the trigger is pressed.