From the Forgotten Weapons channel, an overview and range demo of the Vickers Heavy Machine Gun.
The Vickers Heavy Machine Gun shown is being sold at the James D Julia auction house at the end of this month.
Oops… talk about embarrassing!.. This video is no longer available. Don’t worry, there are still plenty of great videos from the Forgotten Weapons channel.
Vickers Machine Gun Specs:
- Weight: 15 kg (33 lb) to 23 kg (51 lb) all-up
- Length: 1,100 mm (43 in)
- Barrel Length: 720 mm (28 in)
- Cartridge: .303 British
- Action: recoil with gas boost
- Rate of Fire: 450 to 500 round/min
- Muzzle Velocity: 744 m/s
- Effective Range: 2,187 yd (2,000 m)
- Maximum Range: 4,500 yd (4,100 m) indirect fire
- Feed system: 250-round canvas belt
Visit ArmsVault for the latest Gun News!