From the Hickok45 Compound, an overview and range demo of the Lee Enfield SMLE MKIII bolt-action rifle, which fires the .303 British round.
The .303 British ammunition used is from Federal.
Lee-Enfield Bolt Action Rifle:
- Cartridge: .303 Mk VII SAA Ball
- Action: Bolt-action
- Rate of fire: 20–30 aimed shots per minute
- Muzzle velocity: 744 m/s (2,441 ft/s)
- Effective firing range: 550 yd (503 m)
- Maximum firing range: 3,000 yd (2,743 m)
- Feed system: 10-round magazine, loaded with 5-round charger clips
- Sights: Sliding ramp rear sights, fixed-post front sights, “dial” long-range volley sights; telescopic sights on sniper models.
- Weight: 4 kg (8.8 lb)
- Length: SMLE: 44 in (1,118 mm)
- Barrel length:
- MLE: 30.2 in (767 mm)
- SMLE: 25.2 in (640 mm)