An overview and full-auto range demo of the US Ordnance M60E6, a 7.62mm NATO, gas operated, disintegrating link, belt fed, air-cooled general purpose machine gun.
The M60E6 fires from an open bolt and features a quick-change barrel. It features a machined aluminum feed cover with integrated M1913 Picatinny rail for mounting optics. An aluminum M1913 rail handguard provides for the mounting of infrared laser aiming devices and other sensors, giving the weapon 24 hour capability.
US Ordnance M60E6 General Purpose Machine Gun Specs:
- Caliber: 7.62mm NATO
- Max Effective Range: 1100 Meters (1200 yds)
- Max Range: 3725 Meters (4075 yds)
- Muzzle Velocity: 853 m/s (2800 fps)
- Rate of Fire (cyclic): 500 – 650 Rounds per minute
- Weight (Short Barrel): 9.27 kg (20.44 lbs)
- Weight (Heavy Fluted Barrel): 9.85 kg (21.71 lbs)
- Length (Short Barrel): 939.8 mm (37 in)
- Length (Heavy Fluted Barrel): 965 mm (38 in)
- Width: 120 mm (4.8 in)