The guys at FIREClean use an M249 SAW to demonstrate how “enjoyable” gun cleaning can be when using FIREClean.
400 rounds were fired through an M249 SAW in 15 minutes. FIREClean was applied to the piston (op rod) prior to firing. This video shows how easily it cleaned off.
M249 Machine Gun Specs:
- Cartridge: 5.56×45 mm NATO
- Action: Gas-operated, open bolt
- Cyclic Rate of Fire: 800 RPM
- Muzzle Velocity: 915 m/s (3,000 ft/s)
- Effective Firing Range:
- 700 m (770 yd) (point target)
- 3,600 m (3,940 yd) (maximum range)
- Feed System: M27 linked belt, STANAG magazine
- 7.5 kg (17 lb) empty
- 10 kg (22 lb) loaded
- Length: 40.75 in (1,035 mm)
- Barrel Length: 465 mm (18 in)