This is a great animation of the Bushmaster ACR Rifle’s cycle of operation!
The Bushmaster ACR (Adaptive Combat Rifle) is appropriately named. It has the ability to change calibers, barrel lengths and stock configurations in minutes – without the use of tools.
Bushmaster ACR Features:
- 16 ½” cold hammer-forged barrel with an innovative protective coating which uses a nitriting process that dramatically reduces wear for the ultimate in longevity and dependability
- A2 birdcage-type hider to control muzzle flash
- Adjustable, two-position, gas piston-driven system for firing suppressed or unsuppressed, supported by hardened internal bearing rails
- Tool-less, quick-change barrel system available in 10.5″, 14.5″, 16.5″ and 18.5″ and in multiple calibers
- Multi-caliber bolt carrier assembly quickly and easily changes from 5.56 NATO/223 Rem to 6.8mm Rem SPC
- Free-floating MIL-STD 1913 monolithic top rail for optic mounting
- Magpul® MBUS front/rear flip sights
- Fully ambidextrous controls including magazine release, bolt catch and release, fire selector and non-reciprocating charging handle
- High-impact composite hand guard with heat shield – accepts rail inserts
- High-impact composite lower receiver with textured magazine well and modular grip storage
- Folding and six-position telescoping high-impact polymer stock with rubber butt pad and sling mount (basic folder only)